From Jane Stringfellow
Welcome to a wintery white 2019! The blanket of white all around the Stringfellow house in Santa Fe is beautiful when the sun shines on the snow-covered trees and bushes making them sparkle. It's a blessed and joyful scene, one that I pray will mirror the Presbytery of Santa Fe throughout the coming year. With this introduction, I want to share with you the 2019 theme of our presbytery.
The theme is based on Isaiah 60: 1 - 2
Arise! Shine! Your light has come;
The Lord's glory has shone upon you.
Though darkness covers the earth
and gloom the nations,
the Lord will shine upon you;
God's glory will appear over you.
What is God calling the Presbytery of Santa Fe to do in this world, in this time and in this place? I believe God is calling us to be candles of hope by loving, healing, enlightening and empowering God's people. May we be blessed with eyes to see, ears to hear, hearts that care and courage to join God as faithful partners in these endeavors. And so, the theme:
ARISE! SHINE! YOUR LIGHT HAS COME
God is calling us to be candles of hope, loving, healing, enlightening and empowering.
LOVING and HEALING
- Acknowledge at each Presbytery meeting on whose land we are meeting
- Highlight the diversity of the presbytery through prayer and musical offerings
- Invite presbytery meeting attendees to bring specified items to a "Shared Table" for donation to a local charity. (Examples are canned goods, school supplies, clothing items, etc.)
ENLIGHTENING and EMPOWERING
- Host a "Spotlight" feature at each Presbytery meeting where Education, Mission and Worship Networking Committees highlight an education endeavor, a mission endeavor and a creative worship idea which are practices of churches in the Presbytery
- Promote and showcase opportunities for networking among the churches in the Presbytery
- Promote awareness of issues of the larger church including the General Assembly, Synod of the Southwest, ecumenical and/or ecclesiastical issues
Jane Stringfellow, Moderator